Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Bandwidth on PA-MC-8Te1+

nayanpanchal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can I get full 2.048 Mbps on 7206-VXR with this module for channelized E1. This is what I get from Cisco site.

"The RJ-48c ports are software-configurable to support T1 or E1 (120 Ohm) interfaces. In T1 mode, each port can support up to 23

B-channels, for an aggregate data rate of 1.536 Mbps per port. When configured to operate in channelized mode, all 24 channels are an aggregate data rate of 1.984 Mbps per port. When configured to operate in channelized mode, up to 31 channels are available per port."

Thanks in advance.

nayan

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

for a T1 the line structure allows for 24 channels, i.e. 1536 kbps. Framing is done through framing bits (every 193rd bit) and does not reduce the useable bandwidth.

A channelized E1 utilizes timeslot 0 for framing, i.e. the maximum bandwidth available for userdata is 1984 kbps (31 x 64 kbps). This and the bit usage in ts0 is described by the standard for channelized E1.

The only way to get 2048 kbps is to configure the E1 to be unchannelized.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

so would it depend on the part of the world for the speed of circuit provided?

i.e

T1 = America

E1 = Europe

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

exactly, you need to check with your provider, what is possible.

In the US you most certainly get a T1 "off the shelf" in Europe an E1. You might still be able to get an E1 in the US - all a question of money (and sometimes SP size).

When you order an E1 (or whatever the telco sales name for it is) there might be several options:

1) unframed (2048 kbps), so no timeslots

2) framed for data (1984 kbps) 31 timeslots

3) framed for voice 1 D-channel (ts16) and 30 B-channels

4) framed with subrate (like f.e. 6x64 kbps) also called fractional

In Japan you even might get a J1 (different coding than E1, but also 31 channels)

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

minumathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

when you configure unframe mode in E1 standard , you will get 2048 kbps.

When you configure frame mode in E1 std. You will get 31*64=1984 + 1 times slot is used for syncronization , so total 32 time slot.

in this case you will get 1984.

i hope this will solve your problem.

-Minu

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card