cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max cable length for G.703

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I've got a circuit that is terminated using BNC connectors in a comms cabinet. The router is going to be installed about 15 meteres away.

What would be the best cable to use for this? I'm thinking I could use a CAB-E1-BNC, a 15m patch lead and a coupler to join them together. Would this be viable? or is there a better option?

Many Thanks in advance, Dom

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes, the best would be coax extenders to the cable ends. Your are within the max length by a factor of like 10.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi - Thanks for your response. I think I got the cable part number wrong. There is a Cisco part which is a BNC to RJ45 convertor. I want to connect that end to the cirucit termination points, then join the other end to a long patch lead using a coupler, then plug the patch lead into the WIC-1MFT-E1

Hi,

If you are talking about the conversion, a "balun", is a passive electronic device that converts between RJ-48(120ohm) and BNC(75ohm).

And any way here you are the part number of most of cisco cables:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps332/products_tech_note09186a0080094b45.shtml

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card