Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Max number of dialer ?

Hey there.

I am actually using some 2600XM routers and we just reached dialer number limits (256)

We are now going to upgrade the 2600 with a 2900 ISR routers and we would like to know how much dialer we will be able to configure on our router.

I ve seen that documentation http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_tech_note09186a0080094322.shtml and it seems that I cant find the same documents regarding IOS 15.0

If someone can help

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Max number of dialer ?

In the source code, this value is called PLATFORM_MAXINTERFACES

Since I looked it up I decided to document what I think I found in the 15.0 code:

1900 series, the maximum seesm to be 1200 IDBs

2901, 2911 and 2921, the maximum seemes to be 1400 IDBs.

2950 series, the maximum seems to be 1800 IDBs.

3900 series, the maximum seems to be  2400 IDBs.

The newer platforms should give you a lot more breathing room!  Congrats on the upgrade.

Hey there Phillip.

I just got few questions if you dont mind

Are you working for Cisco ? I'm asking because I'd like to find the information that allow you to say that . I didnt find anything regarding my question on cisco website (for the 15.0 of course)

Thanks a lot for your help

Cisco Employee

I do work for Cisco - any forum post with a little "Cisco" logo to the left of the user icon indicates that they are a Cisco employee or contractor.

There is no official published place for that info, yet.  I alerted the doc owner of the document you mentioned (and you can too, using the feedback area to the left of the document).

I only mention the internal constant name in the post in case someone from Cisco plans to cross check my research in the future. Nobody outside of Cisco has access to that data.

Ohhh thanks a lot Philipp for these informations. They are very helpful

We will discuss internally about this and choose whatever router we decide

Thanks again !!!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content