cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MC3810 back to back T1 config

lostrouter
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is a diagram of what I want to accomplish for practicing for my CCNA.

Each of my MC3810s are identical and each of them have 2 T1 ports on the back of them. On all 4 of the MC3810s I was able to get the T1 up and running on 1 of the T1 interfaces but not the other. It is strange because when you go into the T1 controller the options that you can set are different between the 2.

Here is the working T1:

!

controller T1 0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

channel-group 1 timeslots 1 speed 64

!

And the bad one:

!

controller T1 1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

!

So then on the router connecting it is pretty much the same thing minus the clock source internal. The odd thing to me is I can not set those channel-groups on Controller T1 1, but I can on T1 0.

I looked at the back of the routers and noticed that the T1 that works on all 4 of the 3810s says T1 MFT and the 4 that dont work say T1 DVM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a back to back config working on those DVM T1s? Maybe it is just not possible?

Thanks so much,

LR

2 Replies 2

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

As per my idea when you are having one MFT1 and DVM T1...then both cannot be configure for the same internal clocking or external clocking...if you have configure the one T1 for the external clocking then you must have to confiuger the other one for the internal clocking...

hereby i am sending you one link which will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps1904/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007dc3f.html

hope this wil help you

rate the all help full post

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card