Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ME-3X00 storm-control configuration

Hi,

We're using ME-3600 and ME-3800 switches to create VPLS domains. Now to avoid L2 loop issues with 3rd parties connected to the multiple ME-3X00 switches and configured in the same VPLS domain, we would like to configure storm-control.

When checking the configuration manual about storm-control on ME-3X00 switches it mentiones: storm-control is configured on the physical interfaces and when it's triggered it will not only impact the physical interface buy also the EFP configured on it.

According to me this could mean two things:

1. When there's a storm on the physical port, the port wil be shutdown (it if this the action configured) and of course the EFP on that physical interface will be impacted too (logical consequence).
  2. When there's a storm on an EVC (EFP) configured on a physical interface, it will shutdown the entire physical port (if this is the action configure) and as a consequence all other EFP will be impacted too.

Briefly: is the configured storm-control on an interface also triggered by storm-controls on an EFP? I suppose it would but like to have some confirmation.

Thanks

Peter

configuration example

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

description TEST storm-control

switchport trunk allowed vlan none

switchport mode trunk

storm-control broadcast level 10.00

storm-control multicast level 10.00

storm-control action shutdown

service instance 2 ethernet

encapsulation untagged