cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3400 not displaying SVI counters properly?

kyle woodhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with an ME3400 switch that isnt displaying the 5 minute input/output rates correctly for my SVI interfaces.  I do the same config on my 6509 switch and i get the input and output rates i would expect.

Anyone have ideas as to if this is a software issue on the ME3400 units or maybe an idea for another way to get the info i need?

Purpose:

Trying to get the 5 minute input and output rates for my SVI interfaces on the ME3400 switch to display this info for customers.  I know the rates are not as accurate as the interfaces themselves but i have multiple vlans crossing the interfaces so i have to use the show int vlan x to seperate the traffic.

Config attached which shows the problem.You will see that the 6509 displays input output rates on the SVI just fine.  The ME3400 with the same config shows rates of 0.  This is with routing as i understand that if the packets are layer 2 only they do not hit the CPU and do not increment the SVI counters.  There is layer 3 routing taking place yet no SVI counters incrementing.

Suggestions welcome.  Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

I can't speak specifically for the ME3400, but if it's anything like the 3750 series, most of the switching / routing is done in hardware. This means that you're not going to see the stats on the SVI. You'll only see the packets that have to go to the CPU for routing in the SVI stats.

HTH

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card