Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MGX 8850 port and channel relationship

I'm curious how to build PVC through BPX to 8850 MGX via CLI. Specifically, how the channel and port relationship works between the MGX and BPX on a frame-frame service.

Say we have circuit

MGX-BPX-(atm_cloud)-BPX-MGX

using FRSM cards on MGX 8850 both sides

Usually the connection on the BPX would look like

Trunk.Trunk.Card.Channel

Using previous example say MGX is using card 1 port 1 channel 16

and connecting to BPX via trunk 9.1

Then on the BPX the connection would be

Now with a MGX 8850, I created the connection via Cisco WAN Manager, it does not go via this format.

Real world example:

I had a frame relay connection and on the MGX it was on card 3 port 32 DLCI 16 with channel 19. This MGX has a trunk on 11.1 to the BPX.

Now when I check the BPX for which connection it sees this circuit on, it is 11.1.1.22??

How does Cisco WAN Manager build this connection logically, so I can figure out how to build this manually?

Thank you!

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: MGX 8850 port and channel relationship

A profile contains most of the same attributes as the corresponding object. Those attributes of the object that are not included in the profile, are expected to be unique for each object. For example, the DLCI on a Frame Relay PVC could not be a profiled attribute.Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2035/products_configuration_guide_

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.