Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MGX: Firmware versions on Primary and Secondary are different

hi, when trying to add redundancy between 2 rpms on an MGX y get the following error:

Firmware versions on Primary and Secondary are different

i don't know exactly what's going on or which steps to take. can anyone please give me some advice?

regards,

c.

2 REPLIES

Re: MGX: Firmware versions on Primary and Secondary are differen

hi

I have faced similar kinda probs in some of our 7609 boxes in which we tried to bring the sup in reduandt mode but couldnt make it coz of the different ios codes running in both of them.

later we upgraded the ios in the standby to the original ios code which was running in the primary/active sup card.

Then it came back to sync and everything started working fine ...

during that time the reduandcy status was soemthing like standby_cold which turned on to standby_hot once the same ios started functioning in the standby card...

try to upgrade the ios code in one of your card which shuld be ur standby and then sync them up which will help u out..

regds

Re: MGX: Firmware versions on Primary and Secondary are differen

thanks for your reply, but i have the same IOS code on both RPMs. The IOS code resides on the PXM (sup).

Views
Helpful
Replies