Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of Plataform: from 7200 to 7500 Model

andy_goes
Level 1
Level 1

On 7200 we have C7200-I/O, C7200-I/O-2FE/E, NPE-400, NPE-G2 and NPE-G1

Q. What part number can we use on 7505/07/13 regarding the modules above?

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing maps directly.

Think well what you're doing, because an NPE-G2 can not be easily improved with a 7500 platform, that is largely obsolete.

If you need a large push in performances or interface density, you should look at the 7600, not 7500.

You are right. So could you help me with a link or the specific cards that I can use on 7600 to replace the C7200-I/O, C7200-I/O-2FE/E, NPE-400, NPE-G2 and NPE-G1?

I will be grateful for your help.

The 7600 has a different and complex architecture and again is not comparable.

You should get in touch with a cisco Account Manager or Systems Engineer to guide you during the configuration process to produce a system suitable to your application.

Make sure you mention your budget right away because that can be very expensive hardware.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andy,

unfortunately, Performances of a 750x can be even lower then an NPE-G2.

The 7500 architecture has one or two shared buses with 1Gbps bandwidth so it is now and it is distributed at the signalling plane ,packets even if exchanged between intelligent linecards actually transit from a component in the RP.

It has been a very good router but now it is outdated.

And only the Port Adapters are in common between C7500 VIP linecards and C7200.

I don't know the economic aspect but now the ASR1000 family is placed between C7200 and C7600 for performance so it can be a possible choice too.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As I believe Giuseppe correctly notes, 7200 PA cards can be used within a 7500 VIP card. (e.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_data_sheet09186a0080091d5e.html)

PS:

7200 PA cards can also be used in the 6500/7600 FlexWAN or Enhanced FlexWAN cards. (e.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_data_sheet09186a00801df1d9.html)

I would like to thank everybody involved in this conversation.

I will provide some tests using VIP and Flexwan just to see the behavior of the PA's. The links was very useful.

The purpose of it is to have choice in an emergency situation if we haven't an immediate 7200.

BTW:

That makes sense if you already have such hardware on hand. If you need to buy something, though, for an "emergency situation" you might want to consider using an ISR. (I recall last time I priced an Enhanced FlexWAN card, it was somewhat similar to the price of a 7200.)

Very good. Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco