Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

mixing port and vlan based EoMPLS VPN

Hi

Does anyone know if you can have a EoMPLS VPN where one end is terminated to a dot1q subinterface and the other end is port based such as below.

Router1

int fa0/0.1

enc dot1q 1 native

!

int fa0/0.2

enc dot1q 2

xconnect 10.10.10.102 2 enc mpls

!

Router2

int fa0/0

xconnect 10.10.10.101 2 enc mpls

!

When I try to do this in a lab the status of the circuit shows as down and doesnt work but works as soon as I change Router2's end to a subinterface with dor1q vlan of 2.

Does anyone know if the above is possible,

Kind Regards

Kev

3 REPLIES

Re: mixing port and vlan based EoMPLS VPN

Hi

The only I can see this working is if you make VLAN 2 native on Router 1 instead of VLAN 1. Router 2 will receive the TAG'd frame and bin it. By making VLAN 2 native, no encapsulation will be used so there will be no issue.

Cisco Employee

Kevin,

This can be done using L2VPN Interworking. Please refer to the following link for more information about this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fsinterw.html#wp1054945

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi

Thanks for the replies, it looks as though on the above link that the "Ethernet to VLAN over AToM (Bridged): Example " example will do just what I need so will test this one out. Do you know what the "interworking ethernet" does under the pseudowire-class statment, does this remove the dot1q tag before passing it down the pseudowire to the peer router.

Regards

Kev

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content