Cisco Support Community
Community Member

MLFR with different WIC/HWIC Modules

Has anyone run into an issue using different WIC/HWIC modules to configure an MLFR bundle?

We are using 1 x WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 and 1 x HWIC-1DSU-T1 in a 2xT1 MLFR bundle. From that previous research, bug CSCsw63356 was identified as something we needed to accounted for. The workarounds provided were:

Workaround: Use WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in either WIC slots or NM slots (not in both).

Alternate workaround: Use Cisco IOS Release prior to 12.4(15)T7.

Both cards are in WICs slots, so the primary workaround is satisfied. We do have 12.4(15)T13 installed.

By itself, the T1 connected to WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 is up/up. After connecting the 2nd T1 to the HWIC-1DSU-T1 and configuring the MLFR bundle, the T1 on the HWIC-1DSU-T1 is up, but the T1 on the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 goes down. The router we are using is a Cisco 3845.

Would Bug CSCsw63356 still be an issue? We are using a later IOS than 12.4(15)T7, but I am thinking that is ok since the primary workaround was satisfied. Is there another bug that could be causing this or something else we should be looking at?

Everyone's tags (1)
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Are you working withe the TAC escalation team on this? Because with this kind of issues, they're the only one really able to help.

Community Member

Yes, I have contacted TAC also, but I didn't have the maintenance contract handy to get the ticket opened.  I wanted to throw it out there to the Support Community in parallel while I have someone get the mainteance contract # for me.

CreatePlease to create content