cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPPP with HWIC-4T1/E1 card...

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

I've done tons of T1s (with the old T1 WIC card), and tons of frame-relay, but this is my first time doing MultiLink PPP. Can someone scrub the config below, to see if it's OK? I'm using five (5) individual T1s; and the carrier said they're all in "up/down" state; no line-protocol. I see the same on my side, everything is "up/down". Am I missing something having to do with PPP? Router is a new 2851, and the IOS i'm running is shown in the config.

Config is attached!

3 Replies 3

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

Original poster here: It's been a while since I've configured a T1 controller, I usually deal with the WIC-1DSU-T1's.

I think I see my error:

If I'm using "channel-group 1 timeslots 24", this means I'm using the 24th channel ONLY, not "all 24 channels", correct?

I need to use "channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24", correct? I guess I interpreted "timeslots" to mean the number of timeslots, not the range of timeslots.

If this is fixed, does the config appear OK?

aravindhs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Remove the command from both the routers -

multilink bundle-name authenticated

Cheers

arav

Thanks for the reply. Will "no" in front of this command negate it? According on the usage guidelines for the command:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093c49.shtml

It doesn't say anything about using the 'no' word to negate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: