Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MODULE CISCO FOR ROUTER 3945

Hi All,

First of all sorry for my english.

Sombody may already post this issue, but I hope I will get feedback and help from you. I really need Help.

I have 3945 cisco router with the module (SM-ES3G-16-P) inside. The IOS of the module is c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-52.EX1.bin.

The IOS of the module does not support EEM, after some research on cisco website I found the foullowing IOS c3560c405-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin

which support all my needed command (ospf, bgp, eem, track, ip sla and all the rest). After installing the IOS on my module, it kept rebooting so I did a roll back to the old IOS.

I really need to use the router module with at least the following Layer 3 command  (ospf, bgp, eem, track, ip sla and all the rest).

Can someone help me do this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS of the module is c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-52.EX1.bin.

The IOS of the module does not support EEM, after some research on cisco website I found the foullowing IOS c3560c405-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin

The reason why your module keeps rebooting after the IOS was loaded is because you've loaded the WRONG IOS FILE.

c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-52.EX1.bin

This is the IOS filename you're module should be using.

c3560c405-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin 

This is the IOS you've incorrectly loaded.  Notice the item highlighted in RED.

The module would NOT have picked up the difference because you copied the BIN file to the module.  Had you used the recommended "archive download-sw" the switch module would've been smart enough to REJECT the file because the file you are attempting to load is for the wrong platform.

To download the correct IOS for the correct module, go here:  http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282822110&catid=268437899&softwareid=280805680&release=15.0.2-SE5&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Do yourself a favour.

1.  After you have downloaded the file from the Cisco website (and before you start sending the new IOS to the module), compare the MD5 hash value of the file you've downloaded against the MD5 hash value found in the Cisco website.  Both MD5 hash values HAVE TO MATCH.

2.  Choose another IOS other than "EX1".  IOS versions which end with "EX" and a number means the IOS is an INTERIM or temporary IOS.  The main function of the "EX" IOS is to "get you across" and make sure you are able to get your platform operational so the client/customer can upgrade the IOS to the General Release versions.  If you need a good IOS try 12.2(55)SE8 or 15.0(2)SE4.  Either one of the IOS is available for your network module.

Finally,

3.  Please download the IOS which has the file extension of TAR.  If you are a novice about IOS, avoid using the IOS with the BIN file extension.   If you use the TAR file, use this command to push the IOS to your network module:  archive download-sw tftp:///IOS_filename.TAR

Please do not forget to rate our useful posts.  

Hi Leo,

Thanks fo your hepful feedback, I will download the IOS as recommanded and share  the result.

Hi All,

To inform you that I installed the c3560e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE5.bin and it works fine for me.

Thanks you for your usefull feedback.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card