Views
Helpful
Replies

Module error on 6509 CatOS

venuunlimited
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting an ASIC out of sync error on my 6509 swicth with  cat6000-sup.6-4-11.bin IOS.

Error details :

2010 Jun 30 10:37:19 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:37:49 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:38:19 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:38:50 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista

I checked on the cisco output interpreter and this is what they recommend:

Recommended Action: Check the port's physical status for duplex mismatch, out-of-sync
network interface cards on the attached workstations, error disable condition,
late collisions, or any link level errors. The message does not necessarily indicate
a hardware problem. Alternately paste the show port and show interfaces command
outputs into the Output Interpreter tool for analysis of these conditions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switch is also telling you what I'm about to tell you.. Contact TAC for assistance.. This is more than likely a hardware issue, nothing we can help from here.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Edison.  It's time for you to contact TAC and prepare for an RMA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card