Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Modules with a +

Aplogies if this is not a WAN topic...

What is the difference between a PA-T3 and PA-T3+. I have looked at the module guides but can seem to come across a real difference. I basically want to know if I can replace a PA-T3+ with a PA-T3.

If there is a better forum for this type of topic, please let me know.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Modules with a +

The + version had few improvements, like supporting more combination of scrambling/dsu modes/bandwith.

Beside that you should be able to use either.

Thank you. Do you think it would it be supported in a VIP4-80? The only quote I can find is "The VIP4 is fully compatible with most Cisco 7500/7200 PAs." It says "most" but not "all" which concerns me. I can't find a list of supported modules for the VIP4-80. Do you know a link?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

These were kind of obscure info even when I was working there in the same building engineering was.

All can I say try and good luck, sorry can't help you better.

Cisco Employee

PA-T3+ added Subrate T3 support, greater compatability to other DSUs, and allegedly a better analog interface.

http://puck.nether.net/lists/cisco-nsp/0374.html

http://puck.nether.net/lists/cisco-nsp/12261.html

Google "PA-T3 PA-T3+ required" and "PA-T3 PA-T3+ difference" for more details.

Thank you! I did check out the commands that were enabled on the +, and they existed on the regular so I figured it would work, but I wanted to be sure. I ran into a problem a while back where a PA-4T wasn't suppoprted in a FlexWAN while the PA-4t+ was. I didn't want to run into that issue again with the PA-T3. While scrounging through our warehouse I did find a spare PA-T3+ so I am all good   Thanks both of you for the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies