cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor T3 bandwidth

mburguk1000
Level 1
Level 1

Im after a tool that is useful in monitoring bandwidth to assess our new T3 link betwen London & NY i am currently using solarwinds and getting some figures of 2.38Mbps which saya t o me there is a bottleneck between the two serial interfaces. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I would suggest to make use of some freeware software tools like PRTG or something inline with that since you need to monitor only one interface in your case.

Also i would suggest to check out for the interface traffic stats during peak hours to find out the amount of traffic being processed by the interface.

Also if you can post out the config of the respective interface with show interface details it will be easier to troubleshoot the same.

regds

i have posted config as requested

if you could take a look thanx

Thanks

andf1
Level 1
Level 1

We have several WAN links and we monitor them through Netflow Tracker from Crannog Software. See http://www.crannog-software.com/index.php?go=Product.ShowDetail&ProductID=1. In addition to bandwidth usage information, you are also able to drill down into the traffic flowing through the pipe. You may want to download and try the demo version.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: