cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Most Stable Cisco ASR 1006 IOS XE image

adecisco
Level 1
Level 1

I need help from Cisco guys as per my heading please. What is the most stable Cisco ASR 1006 image.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am currently using the latest 3.9(1) and I don't see any issues.

Hello Leo,

Like how long have you been using it. Here the case is the EIGRP SIA build causing the router to reboot.

Your experience with it will be good as TAC could not replicate the same scenario in their lab.

Regards,

I have been using this version since 22 June 2013.

This is a newly-released IOS.

Well, I have to downgrade the issues with this 3.9(1) is that it spike cpu. Just wr mem spike cpu to as much as 60%. Something is wrong and so bad TAC guys are clueless as to way out. Living the Partner to deal with it all alone.

Possible way is trial and error to understand the root cause as TAC has not been too helpful

You may need to load your ROUTER as this router was not behaving like this before until EIGRP SIA hit the memory beyond what it could take and the router responded by reloading thus refreshing the cpu processor.

I really need more guys to join this to help out in resolving this issue.

Don't know what to say since you decided not listen and give me a not really helpful score

Sorry I mean not harm. It's just that you said you are using 3.9.1 which is currently given me trouble I am facing. So in all honesty. How would that be helpful for me since I am yet to get solution?

Thanks,

Adeola

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There might not one stable code for all features. You can first check release notes for 3.9 and 3.8, see if there is any key feature that you need in the release. If not, you can use latested 3.7 release. In general, extended supported release has longer life cycle and more bug fix.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/product_bulletin_c25-448258.html

HTH,

Lei Tian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card