Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS fail over config

krishnakumarr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 cisco 1800 routers and we are running EIGRP , we have 2 mpls links for each routers how to configure one mpls link fails automatically takes

2nd link for the productions --Like HSRP

Can any one help on this for configurations

regards

krishna

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Krishna

Can you tell me whether you are running eigrp in your lan or in the wan ? can you give more inputs on how the routers are connected internally in local lan?

regds

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Krishna,

Do you mean failover with the service provider on each router? Or do you mean failover between your routers toward each one of the service providers?

Are the Cisco 1800 routers connected? Are you running a routing protocol with the service provider?

If you want to achieve failover like HSRP on a single router towards one of the service provider, then this is controlable by the routing protocol used.

If you want to achieve failover between you routers, if you want one of the 1800 routers takes precedence over the other, then your 1800 has to be connected and is also controlled by the routing protocol configuration.

Please let us know more about your current design and if this achieve your objective

HTH

Mohamed

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I need  failover between  routers towards each one of the service providers If one Service provider link is down other link should take over

we are running Eigrp for towords SP

I want achive failover between the routers

Soon I will provide the network digaram in details

regards

krishna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card