Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MPLS Using RV042

Hello all,

I am having 2 offices. 1 is my headoffice & other is my Branch Office.

I am having MPLS Connectivity at both ends & Internet Connectivity at Head office.

I am Having Cisco RV042 Routers at both ends. At my Head Office I terminated MPLS & Internet Link on RV042 & then i am having CISCO ASA 5510 Firewall.

I want to connect my 2 offices using MPLS & want my Branch office should get internet connetivity from my Headoffice Only Through MPLS.

& As i am having ASA 5510 a @ my Head office I want my Branch office traffic should follow the rules appliedin ASA Which is @ my Head office.

Head office LAN : 192.168.0.0/24

Branch Office LAN : 192.168.1.0 /24

Please Help me....

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES

Re: MPLS Using RV042

Can Anyone help me out..

Witing for your valuable response.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Vinayak,

first of all, you probably are a user of MPLS services provided by a provider to your company/your customer so the title of your post is misleading as none expects a linksys to support MPLS ! 

A better title would be " extending internet access to a branch office from central site"

The ASA configuration has to be updated in order to perform the following operations:

- NAT of addresses of remote site (192.168.1.0/24)

- static route pointing to the local router to reach the IP addresses of the remote site (again 192.168.0.0/24) a route is needed of the ASA will not be able to route packets on the return path from internet to remote site (192.1681.0/24)

the RV042 on remote site needs a default route over the MPLS link

the RV042 on central site needs a default route to ASA and a route for 192.168.1.0/24 over the MPLS link

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello giuslar,

Thanks for reply.

Can you please give an example for your said settings ?

Please.

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.