cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTRJ and SFP modules for small workgroup switch connection

rvenzor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a server that's connected via MTRJ to a 3750 running at 100MB. We want to replace the one server with three that run at 1GB. I'm trying to find a device/solution that i can connect the 100MB MTRJ connection to a switch and the three 1GB servers (i'm locked into having to provide 1GB speed) to the same switch. What Equipment should I get?

I've seen the 3750G, and it has the 1-GB connections for servers, but I can't seem to find an SFM module to plug the MTRJ 100MB (100Base-FX) connection. Besides that, the Spec sheet only says "1GB uplinks".

On the other hand, if i went with a CE500G, the servers would have a 1GB link, and i can see from the Tech Datasheet the uplinks can go 10/100/1000. I didn't see how the MTRJ would then be connected (part number?)

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can go with Catalyst 3750. Here is the URL for the for the Catalyst 3750 hardware,

Which will help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/hardware/installation/guide/HIGCABLE.html

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

You most likely want

GLC-GE-100FX

I think this is the one you use when your port is a gig port. There is another part GLC-FE-100FX but I think that one the SFP port is only running at 100.

The 3750G has the GLC-GE-100FX as a supported in most models

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco