Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-chasis Multilink

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Multi-Chasis Multilink does it work only between Point to Point locations. I have the setup as below :

Loc A - RTR A - RTR B- RTR C - Loc B

Loc A - RTR -D - RTR E - RTR F -Loc B

If Multi-chasis multi-link PPP is configured between the Loc A & B routers, load balancing solution work effectively..?

Thanks in Advance

regards

R.Sundara Rajan

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel at your location A you have got 2 routers RTR A and RTR D similar kinda setup there in location B too RTR C and RTR F.

Can u revert whether you are getting the same cost or same admin distance for the routes from RTR A and RTR D and viceversa ?

any routing protocl being run between these locations ?

Instead of going for multichasis multilink would suggest to check something inline with GLBP or Multigroup HSRP which can help u out in achieving both reduandcy as well as load balancing

regds

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Loc A - RTR D-RTRE-RTR F- Loc B is in standby status and there is no routing protocol runs between these 2 locations.

GLBP - IOS upgradation tobe carried out in the entire 6 routers. Getting outage time for the upgradation is difficult.

MHSRP - Exploring for this possibility to find out any restrictions in place .

regards

Sundara

hi

do revert whether you got to have the whole admin access or rites to all the routers ??

was i rite in pointing out the router connectivity model in your locations (A&B)?

also about the routing protocol being run in the active link connected routers..

And again u dont need to upgrade ios in all the 6 routers its required only in 4 of them which is placed in the locations..

regds

Hi Prem,

Understanding of the network is correctin Loc A & B.

I have the admin access to these equipments.

HSRP configured to find out the active link status on the FE of RTR A and RTRC .

RTR - B & D are a hoping location. They are available in the path to reach from Loc A to B.

for implementing GBLP only RTR A,C ,D &F are to be upgraded to supporting version 12.2(15) later ..?

regards

R.Sundara Rajan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card