cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi vendors Back to back router connection using T1

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

i am having SG8 device of netd and 2651xm series router connected using T1 back to back connection. I had configure the controller of both the devices but i am finding problem with SG8 configuration as there is no physical serial interface is available so how can i configiure the IPaddress for it? and cable lenght command is nessecary for configuration and what will be the possible fault in the configuration???

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

This link discuss about connecting back to back routers using T1 ports.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/116/t1_back_to_back.html

I am not much sure about the Netdevice end though..

regds

View solution in original post

Hi,

As you may know, a T1 has 24 56/64k timeslots. When using a channelised T1, it is possible to divide up a T1 into so-called channel-groups. For example, you could assign timeslots 1-10 to one channel-group, timeslots 11-14 to another and so on.

Each channel-group you configure will result in the automatic creation of a separate serial interface. It is simply a way of splitting the T1 into multiple logical circuits...

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

have u checked out the datasheets of the netdevice equipment ?

i think u can very well check out the same for this model from their own website and find out the the trick in configuring up the same.

Regarding Cable length you can mention the same using 2 options either 49 or 224 and it only differs based on the type of controller card installed in ur device...

regds

thanks

now just give me direction if i am having two 2651xm then what will be the configuration for the T1 for back to back connectivity???

so from that i came to know how back to back work?and actualy netdevices had not given any type of trick for the configuration so please help me in this stuff???

Hi

This link discuss about connecting back to back routers using T1 ports.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/116/t1_back_to_back.html

I am not much sure about the Netdevice end though..

regds

thank you sir

sir now one more help:

sir please give me some detail of the command givne as: channel-group 1 timeslots 1 speed 64

i want the detail of above command what it does exactly.

regards

devang

Hi,

As you may know, a T1 has 24 56/64k timeslots. When using a channelised T1, it is possible to divide up a T1 into so-called channel-groups. For example, you could assign timeslots 1-10 to one channel-group, timeslots 11-14 to another and so on.

Each channel-group you configure will result in the automatic creation of a separate serial interface. It is simply a way of splitting the T1 into multiple logical circuits...

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh.

thanks

can u give me some good link regarding to t1 so ican understand more and more about it???

i want to lear each and every step for it???

and i am having lots of doubts about it like condition for master and slave configuration???

as well as is there any affect of cablelenght missmatch as per hardware card???

and in back to back connection is there any condition like to fire connection we need to assing some traffic???

please update me regarding to above que...

thank you

devang

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card