cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

multicast

Hi

when i configure 3 multicast routers with auto-RP, can i configure one of them configure with static.

A.

basic Mcast configure

B.

configure as RP with auto-RP

ip pim send rp-annouce lo0 ----

ip pim send rp-discovery ----

C

configure B as RP

ip pim rp-address B ----

does this configure have any problem?

thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: multicast

Ensure router A interfaces which will forward/receive multicast traffic are configured for sparse-dense-mode. If you configure PIM in sparse mode or sparse-dense mode and do not configure Auto-RP, you must statically configure an RP. If router interfaces are configured in sparse mode, Auto-RP can still be used if all routers are configured with a static RP address for the Auto-RP groups.Another option is to enable the global configuration command [ip pim autorp listener], which causes IP multicast traffic for the two Auto-RP groups 224.0.1.39 and 224.0.1.40 to be dense mode flooded across interfaces operating in PIM sparse mode, and multicast traffic can operate in sparse mode, bidirectional mode, or source specific multicast (SSM) mode.

ip multicast-routing

ip pim autorp listener

ip pim send-rp-announce Loopback1 scope 16 group-list 1

ip pim send-rp-discovery Loopback1 scope 16

access-list 1 permit 239.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

int fa0/0

ip pim sparse-mode

Hi

thanks for answering...

i have another question.

there are mcast configureation with conditions as belows.

1. use sparse mode, it fail then use dense mode.

2. on the FR clould

3. use BSR

FR is consist with 3 routers 1 is Hub with mutipoint and 2 are spokes,,,

this FR is driving me crazy,,, i tried ip pim nb with ip pim sparse mode,,but still problem,,,any idea about mcast on FR cloud?

Configure the interfaces to use the NBMA software feature. This PIM feature allows you to configure a router to send multicast packets only to those neighbors that want to receive them. A router in PIM NBMA mode treats each remote PIM neighbor as if it were connected to the router through a point-to-point link. You enable the NBMA feature on a interface using the [ip pim nbma-mode] command. This will cause the router to track the ips of each neighbor when a PIM join message is received from that neighbor. In addition, the router will also be able to track the interface of the neighbor in the outgoing interface list, thus forwarding multicast data for specific multicast groups only to the neighbors that have joined the group. Keep in mind that NBMA mode does not support dense-mode, and the mapping agent must be able to communicate with all remote routers. You can configure the mapping agent on the hub router or another router behind it, but not on the remote routers. Also, ensure that you configure NBMA on all routers in the FR network:

ip multicast-routing

interface Loopback1

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

ip pim sparse-dense-mode

interface Serial1/0

ip address 10.2.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip pim nbma-mode

ip pim sparse-mode

encapsulation frame-relay

frame-relay interface-dlci 1

frame-relay interface-dlci 2

ip pim send-rp-announce Loopback1 scope 16

ip pim send-rp-discovery Loopback1 scope 16

If you can use point-point subinterfaces, this will be much better and you would not need to configure NBMA mode. This is the prefered method over a FR network.

Best Regards,

Francisco

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content