Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Multichassis Multilink PPP Lab

Hi.

I am trying to create a lab to set up MMP. I want to simulate a router with a bonded T1 connecting to 2 separate routers using MMP. See attached image. I have looked over the Cisco link for MMP (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_tech_note09186a008009408f.shtml) and I feel like I'm missing something. Anyone have any configuration suggestions?

mmp.jpg

Thanks,

David

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Multichassis Multilink PPP Lab

Hello David,

in order to be able to perform multichassis multilink a direct link between the two routers RB and RC is needed ,as they need to use it to re-assembly PPP fragments for example.

>> High-latency WAN links between stack members, causing MP reassembly delays, may cause multichassis MP to be inefficient.

you need a LAN interface between RB and RC

Hope to help

Giuseppe

OK. So I fiddled around with it a little more to get the configuration below.

Now what I can't figure out is a failover configuration for MMP. Say RouterB is hosting the bundle connection to RouterA. Any traffic going to RouterA is going through RouterB. If RouterB fails, I want RouterC to pick up the connection to RouterA. The only way I can get that to happen is if I disable and reenable the serial interface on RouterC (connected to RouterA).

Also, shouldn't MMP load-balance over both routers?

PS. I'm using HSRP to keep the ping going if I turn one of the routers off.

Just reposting to see if anyone can get a chance to look at this.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies