cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiflex E1 standard module plugged to an E1 unframed G703

nhedhili
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can someone help us, we need to ensure if the standard multiflex E1 module works when plugged to an E1 unframed interface ( g703 full 2Mbps ).

We have been told that with the standard module it should work by grouping all the channels in one channel and the speed is 1,984 Mbps and the G703 module is not necessary.

If someone have information about that or had tried that configuration thanks for your help.

9 Replies 9

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can u post out the exact module type so that it can be checked for the supported features by that module ??

regds

Hi thanks for your reply,

the exact module reference is WIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and we need to know if it can work when it is plugged directly to non framed E1 G703 telecom interface.

thanks for help

Hi

As per the supporting doc it does supports ,do find the link for more info..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028d2db.html

regds

according to that document that module does not support the g703 unstructred interfaces the only one that supports it is the E1/G.703 module and what we want to know exactly does some really tested it and it does not work really or there is a way to make it work, because we have been told that it could be possible without any further details

Thanks for your help

If you have a point to point line with a E1 module at each end this will work fine. You will lose 64k of bandwidth for framing and be left with 1984Kb/s.

controller E1 0/0

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

hi thanks for your help

So if I have understood compared to the normal E1 multiflex module the value added of the E1/g703 is to provide the full 2Mbps when it is plugged to an E1 g703 unstructred ( full 2Mbps )that is why cisco produced this module but both of them should work fine AND IF THE BANDWIDTH OF 1984 IS OK FOR THE CUSTOMER no need to buy the g703/e1 module which is more expensive.

thanks again for your help

I have a VWIC-1MFT-E1 inserted into a 2600 router. Telco has told me the line is G703. I would like to know if the VWIC-1MFT-E1 supported G703. Or do I need to buy VWIC-1MFT-G703?

in our network, we define two, one framed nx64kbits or full E1 to customers, if we provide full E1 we do

controller E1 x/x

channel-group 0 unframed

Both VWIC-1MFT-E1 and VWIC-1MFT-G703 use G703 line code.

VWIC-1MFT-E1 has to use G732 framing so you lose timeslot zero (64k).

VWIC-1MFT-G703 can use G732 framing or can be used unframed giving you a full 2 Meg.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card