Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

multilink on Tunell

hello

I give two services from my provider

and I am using tunnel interface,

because of two service I need to have two tunnel with same source address,and its not possible,,

any solution for this ?

note that redundancy is an important issue.

regards

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: multilink on Tunell

Hi,

Two tunnels with same source address not possible ?

can you pls explain a bit more ?

Regds

Community Member

yes i know that ..

but I read it in a cisco book this issue

"You cannot have two tunnels using the same encapsulation mode with exactly the same source and destination address. The workaround is to create a loopback interface and source packets off the loopback interface"

but i dont know how!!

Community Member

yes i know that ..

but I read it in a cisco book this issue

"You cannot have two tunnels using the same encapsulation mode with exactly the same source and destination address. The workaround is to create a loopback interface and source packets off the loopback interface"

but i dont know how!!

Gold

You can have 2 tunnels with the same source address. The restriction is the same source AND destination address. If you have the same source address but different destiantion addresses then you will be fine.

I still have not figured out why the books say there is a restriction. You can actually configure it and will get no error messages. The tunnels appear to work but I have not tested other than simple pings.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

ehsan

I have read this thread several times and do not understand what is going on and do not understand why you say that you need two tunnels with the same source address and the same destination address.

What I do think that I understand is that you have two links from the provider and that redundancy is important, and I think that I understand that for some reason you need to tunnel over these links.

It seems to me that if you need to tunnel and if you need redundancy that the solution is to configure two tunnels. You configure the first tunnel to source from the address of the first link and with destination address as the address of the first link on the remote router. And you configure the second tunnel with source address as the address of the second link and with destination address as the address of the second link on the remote. This will give you two tunnels that work, will give you redundancy, and does not try to source two tunnels from the same source. If this would not meet your requirements then please explain a bit more about your requirements.

HTH

Rick

Community Member

If there are 2 links from diff service providers then there have to be 2 different destinations. Source can be same for both tunels. Redundancy can be made either by static or dynamic routing.

Still did not get wat exactly is the issue u r facing

Can u pls provide the running config of the router on which you are supposed to build redundancy ?

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content