cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is it possible to configure a multilink with two interfaces of different size?

Ex:

Interface 1

Serial 1/0 = bandwidth 2048

Serial 1/1 = bandwidth 1024

What is necessary to configure for make the load-sharing in a correct way(interface s1/0, more traffic)?

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Narayan,

Read the response from TAC. It was surprising to know that multilink works in such fashion.

I searched a lot of documents for MLPP load-balancing on No. of sites & forums but never came across such explanation. Even on cisco site I've not come across such thing.

But from your response above, it looks like your experience was different from the one mentioned by TAC on load-balancing concept of MLPP.

Just interested in knowing if u've reverted back to TAC for such deviation in operation & what was their response to it?

I would like to share the info given by TAC, with those interested in knowing MLPP operation across this forum & others. I may use the discussion link with your permission.

Thanks

BVS

Sure BVS.. you can go ahead and use this discussion link.

My experience was that the link with a lower bandwidth gets congested and causes a lot of problems. I did revert back to them but never got any convincing answers.

Narayan

Ok, you can use this link.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card