Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple destinations in Catalyst 3560

In Catalyst 3560, is it possible to define multiple destination ports for a monitor session in a SPAN configuration?

I want to use HSRP for redundancy, VLAN SPAN and define multiple ports as destinations in a Call-Center in order to record conversations in many different servers.

7 Replies 7

zubairjalal
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think that you can have more than one destination port in a SPAN session.

Hi friend,

Multiple span sessions cannot have the same destination interface

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Actually, I want many destinations to the same span session. I have many servers that have to listen the same traffic.

If it is not possible to create many destinations to a single span session, is it possible to create many span session with the same source but for each one create different destinations?

VIT

If it is not possible to create many destinations to a single span session, is it possible to create many span sessions with the same source but for each one create different destinations?

Hi,

You can configure atmost 2 SPAN seesion on 3560 with different Destination port in each session.So you can have same source in a different span session but with a different destination port.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12225see/scg/swspan.htm#wp1200733

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi amit singh,

The document that you indicated states that:

"You can have multiple destination ports in a SPAN session, but no more than 64 destination ports."

So, I understand that I can have one SPAN session with the source being the VLAN that I want to monitor and the destinations being the ports that I connect the recording servers of the call-center.

Am I correct?

Unfortunately I do not have access to a 3560 to try to configure this.

VIT

More info in the same document that helps:

"You can use monitor session session_number destination command multiple times to configure multiple destination ports."

VIT

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card