Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple GLBP for 1 FastEthernet Interface

Good Day Experts!

I would like to ask some help regarding GLBP configuration.

I have two 3745 routers, one as primary and the other is redundant. Both are configured to have 3 E1 links from 3 different telcos. E1 links in the redundant router, well of course, serves as backup for the respective primary E1 links. I attached a diagram for this querry.

So the configuration for each router goes like this:

PRIMARY ROUTER

Telco1 Primary E1 - Serial 0/0

Telco2 Primary E1 - Serial 0/1

Telco3 Primary E1 - Serial 0/2

REDUNDANT ROUTER

Telco1 Redundant E1 - Serial 0/0

Telco2 Redundant E1 - Serial 0/1

Telco3 Redundant E1 - Serial 0/2

I want to configure GLBP for each Telco for redundancy and load balancing. So, if I will implement this on each routers will I be able to use only 1 FastEthernet for all the GLBP implementation on 3 Telco E1 links? or Do I really need to have 1 FastEthernet interface for each GLBP implementation?

If I can do with only 1 FE, can someone help me on how to configure this. It would be highly appreciated if someone can help me on this one. Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Multiple GLBP for 1 FastEthernet Interface

In short yes, just create a glbp group 1, 2 and 3, then track the serial interfaces. If this is internet facing, I would highly suggest using Ibgp between the 2 routers.

Thanks a lot murphymd for the reply. Highly appreciated.

Sorry, one interface on each router is fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies