Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple internet connection terminating sigle router prb

dear all,

i have a 1841 with 12.4 base ios.in that i had installed a wic-it card and connected a leased for internet, public ip's are configured and its working fine.

fa0/0 is also configured with public ip.

in routers 2nd slot i installed wic1 adsl card and i configured, routers fa0/1 is configured with private ip where users are sitting.now i'm facing problem. i cannot operate both leased line and adsl line together. if i remove the route for leased line adsl will work.if i remove adsl routing leased line is fine.

i need to do policy based routing here pls help.i'm posting the configuration pls help me.

i will rate all the posts.

Regds

Binoy

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Binoy

I do not have enough understanding of your situation yet to give you a complete answer. You say that you can not operate both the serial and the adsl together. I am not clear why not. Until we understand that we can not show you the proper Policy Based Routing - and indeed I wonder if PBR will solve whatever the problem is.

I see that NAT is configured for users on Fa0/1 going out the dialer. I do not see any NAT for the serial interface. You state that the serial interface is working fine and that things work if you remove the route for adsl. I do not understand how this can work without NAT.

I also do not understand what is going on with interface Fa0/0. It has a public address suggesting that it connects to outside. But there is no NAT for the inteface and no routing statement pointing toward the inteface.

I am also puzzled by these 2 static routes:

ip route 212.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 212.72.6.181

ip route 212.72.0.0 255.255.0.0 212.72.6.181

They both use 212.72.6.181 as the next hop but there is not anything on the router (as configured) for which that is a connected subnet.

Perhaps if you can clarify the questions that I have asked and if you can be more specific about what you want PBR to do then we may be able to give you more effective assistance.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card