cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple WAN on ASA5510

Steve Babcock
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5510 that is configured with site-to-site VPN (4 sites), static and dynamic NAT.

I've configured a second WAN interface (outside2) to a new DSL circuit to split out traffic for : a) VPN and b) all other services.

I've enabled dynamic NAT on the new WAN, made it my default route and disabled dynamic NAT on the old WAN (outside1).

All the services on the new WAN circuit work fine.

BUT - my traffic is not routing properly now that the old WAN is not the default route.

Any ideas as to where I've gone wrong ?

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

first of all ASA firewall not like a router not able to do PBR policy based routing or loadbalancing on two WAN interface however u can make then work as primary and backup

in ur config

i think u need to do the following to make all the route go through the outside1 incase of outside1 down the route will go to outside2

for example

route outside1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [next hop ip or interface]

then increase the route metric on the second default route to make the first one the prefered

route outside2 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [next hop ip or interface]

for more details see the following link will be usefull for ur case

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

good luck

please, if helpful Rate

I thought that this was a static route issue of some sort. just need to point the vpn traffic onto the right interface

Could OSPF help in this instance ?

ok ospf will chose one path

so no loadbalancing

the same !!

Will purchasimg Cisco ASA 5510 Security Plus license allow me to load balance ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card