cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT from Router on other side of Point to Point Connection

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office that is connected to me via a VPN tunnel over the internet. I have been successful at NATing the traffic from the remote subnet so that “internet traffic” goes directly to the internet and traffic destined for my corporate network comes through the VPN tunnel.

Now I have added another remote office (just up the road from the first remote office) and have a point to point T1 connecting the two. I am trying to allow “internet bound traffic” from remote site 2 to use the NAT on the first remote router and running into trouble.

The traffic I am trying to NAT is coming from the other side of the Point to Point T1 connected to Serial0/1 – The subnet over there is 192.168.20.0 (class C)

Traffic bound for the internet from Albany (this router) works fine.

The remote router has a default gateway set to “Serial0” (the point to point interface).

ANY IDEAS?

Config.txt & a topology Visio attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Maybe I'm just missing something but can't you just make s0/1 a nat inside interface and all should work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Maybe I'm just missing something but can't you just make s0/1 a nat inside interface and all should work.

Thank you, I never dawned on me that the point to point could be NATed in that fashion. Works like a charm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card