Helpful
Replies

NAT-PT

m_sadeghpour
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Madam,
Good day to you.

Beforehand, I really appreciate you because of spending your time to read this post.

I am MSc Networking Professional student in UK. I am doing my dissertation which is related to the NAT-PT and IPv6.

It is about 4 days that I am trying to implement one simple scenario about NAT-PT. (I attached an image of that), but unfortunately, this scenario is not run; however, I run all details of NAT-PT configuration in my routers. The final throughput is: "DESTINATION HOST IS UNREACHABLE"

On this scenario, serial connections between routers have been configured by IPv6 and Fastethernets of R1 and R3 have been configured by IPv4. They should be able to communicate with each other.

Now, could you please check this diagram and tell me how can I configure it? (I am really sorry; no one has helped me yet).

Is it possible for you to configure one of the routers for me or inform me about that?

Thank you in advance

Yours Sincerely,

Mohammad Sadeghpour

1 Reply 1

belovell
Level 1
Level 1

Your diagram and description do not sound like a NAT-PT scenario. NAT-PT is ment to connect an IPv6 only host to an IPv4 only host. What you have is two IPv4 hosts separated by an IPv6 cloud. Here you would want to use something along the lines of a GRE tunnel with IPv4 over IPv6.

-Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card