Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT Question

I have a vpn concentrator. On my public interface I have a router connected to it on interfaca fa4/0. Both interfaces public ip address. My router itself is connected to ISP using serial interfaces FR conecctions.

The private interface on VPN concentrator have a private ip adress and is connected to my LAN v?a a switch 6509 (Intervlan routing)

My VPN connection is OK by I can't acces to my network's server. From the vpn concentrator I ping public and private address.

My question is how and where should I apply the nat configuration?

Can you give me an example or a documentation to clarify it, please?

I reaaly appreciate your help

Regards

Lp

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: NAT Question

Lp

Perhaps I am not understanding something about what you describe. I believe that you are saying that the connection is Internet, Frame Relay connection to router (public address), then router to concentrator (public address), and then concentrator to LAN. I believe that you are saying that you can establish a session to the VPN concentrator but can not access resources on the LAN through your VPN connection.

If my understanding is correct, then I do not believe that it is a question of NAT. When you establish a session to the concentrator it should assign you an address out of a pool of addresses. You are using this assigned address which should be routeable to the LAN to access LAN resources. If you can not access LAN resources then I would check on the 6509 and see if the VPN pool addresses are routeable from the 6509. If my understanding is not correct then perhaps you can help me understand the issue better.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies