cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT + Redundancy

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

I have Static NATs configured on my routers. Needed to know what is the purpose of this command " redundancy HSRP17 " in that statement?

ip nat outside source static 10.60.2.20 172.x.x.x redundancy HSRP17

Appreciate your response.

Cheers

Navneet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Navneet,

It also works for Inside Static Nat. Though I have never implemented this feature so not sure about the functionlity much just found some links on our site so thaught to provide you with the links.

Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

Would really appreciate if someone would reply to my query.

Thanking in advance.

Regards

Navneet

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Navneet,

This NAT statement with HSRP redundancy sttement enables the router to respond to ARP queries using BIA MAC, if HSRP is configured on the NAT outside interface.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t4/ftnthsrp.htm#1026829

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008017d163.html#wp1079462

HTH

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Thanx for the response. Iam not sure as to what it means by responding to ARP queries. And also does it work only for Outside Static NATs??

Regards

Navneet

Hi Navneet,

It also works for Inside Static Nat. Though I have never implemented this feature so not sure about the functionlity much just found some links on our site so thaught to provide you with the links.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Thanx for the links..Guess iam pretty clear about the functionality now.

Cheers

Navneet

I believe it is both used in Inside and Outside NAT command.

It can be used in HSRP stateful NAT translation and also in manual stateful NAT translation. The one that uses the keyword redundancy establishes the HSRP redundancy method. When HSRP mode is set, the primary and backup NAT routers are elected according to the HSRP standby state.Which is why you see HSRP17 group name in your command. I hope this helps.

* Please rate the helpful posts.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card