Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NAT & Route Map problem..

Hi,

I have just replaced the core router Cisco 3640 in my company with Cisco 3845. I am facing an which is "NAT" and "Route Map" on the LAN interface (fastehternet) of my router are not working. The IOS version is 12.3(11r)T2.

I am attaching the imp configuration part. Please if anyone can help urgently. Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES

Re: NAT & Route Map problem..

Can you please be more clear about what is not working, Nat or Route-map?

If its a NAT problem, then the next hop specified is 10.254.254.1 which is not in the same subnet where the NAT outside is specified and hence i think the NAT is failing.

HTH

Narayan

Thanks for replying. Actually I have configured both NAT & Route Map on the interface fe3/0 (interface with ip add 10.1.220.1). For Route map it should forward the traffic to 10.254.254.1 whic is another router connected to it on its fe2/0 port (whoe ip add is 10.254.254.2).

For NAT as the default route is defined towards interface s1/0.0.2 (on which ip nat outside is defined) and I have configured command " ip nat inside source list 101 interface Serial1/0/0.2 overload" on it, this should forward traffic destined towards unknown network on this interface with NAT.

IMPORTANT: ALL ABOVE WAS WORKING WELL ON 3645 ROUTER BUT EVERSINCE I REPLACED IT WITH 3845 NAT & ROUTE MAP STOPPED WORKING.

Hi Syed,

From the notepad message , route-map is working fine as there is a increase in the bytecount . Can u pls check the access-list config of 150 -- the traffic than needs to go to internet and access-list 101 that should allow the ips for PAT

regards

vanesh k

It will be hard to determine the exact cause without more detailed information about the configuration. Still it is not very likely to be directly related to the platform-change you describe.

Have you checked all ip routes and the setting for ip classless?

Regards,

Leo

Hi Syed,

Can you post the configs

Narayan

Hi,

Please find in attachment the configuration on 3845 router (I have removed unneccessary things) and the network diagram. Waiting for further reply. Thanks.

Hi,

In the route-map , u have misplaced the access-list .

Access-list 140 is for accessing internet , but the same is pushed via route-map

and access-list 150 is for accessing some private ips , but the same is pushed to internet .

Pls have the same changed

route-map Supernet_Internet deny 10

match ip address 140

!

route-map Supernet_Internet permit 20

match ip address 150

set ip next-hop 10.254.254.1

regards

vanesh k

Views
Helpful
Replies