Views
Helpful
Replies

need 38 serial connection

cismcetpoy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir ,

my requirement is i want connect 38 client office through my 3845 router serial via,is it possiable?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you use a serial protocol like Frame Relay which supports carrying multiple logical links on a physical link then connecting 38 client offices through your 3845 would be quite possible (if the serial link has sufficient capacity to aggregate the traffic from 38 client offices).

Or if you got a pair (1 would not be enough) of channelized serial links (like T3 or E3) and assigned a channel (or group of channels) to each client office it should be possible to connect 38 client offices through your 3845.

[edit] I just did some checking and according to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/prod_qas0900aecd8016a953.html

table 5 indicates that channelized T3/E3 is supported on 7200 routers but not on 3800 routers. So there are not as many possibilities as I had thought for the 3800.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card