Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need a router recommendation for...

Need a router recommendation, will need to be able to connection multiple point to point T1s, connection to the inside of my firewall and a connection to my core switch, any recommendations please?

1 REPLY

Re: Need a router recommendation for...

Hi!

I am by no means an expert, as I am usually asking questions...but I have done quite a bit of research to get a proper router.

I will have two T1's bonded with multi link ppp with a connection to a firewall as well as to a local lan. I chose the 2821. (if you don't need gig ports, the 2811 has just as many WIC slots)

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5880/index.html

It has four WIC slots in which I will put a 2-port vwic2 (VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1) that has two T1 ports. This only takes one of your WIC slots, leavig you three left to do with as you wish. Be it adding more T's or sliding in another module, giving you the capacity to bond together quite a few T's. It also has 2 fixed GE ports for connection to lan and your firewall. its a very modular router and comes packed with features. check it out for yourself. ;)

Is this all you are doing? voice? things like this could help in giving you a really accurate product.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content