Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need an ios for supervisor Iv engine

Does anyone know what ios i can run on my supervisor Iv engine. I just bought it and they did not send the flash with it. I have IOS for Supervisor 720,sup32 on hand right now..

The IV engine is going in a 4500 chassis and needs to be able to support up to a 48 port sfp card as well as many others.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Read the Release Notes.  The

Read the Release Notes.  The Release Notes will contain details of open/closed/solved bugs as well as the different line cards supported by each IOS train.

The Catalyst 4500 Supervisor

The Catalyst 4500 Supervisor IV uses the switch IOS SG images. The latest release for that platform is cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SG8.bin and can be downloaded via the Cisco web site. This release will support a WS-X4248-FE-SFP 48-port SFP-based line card with no trouble. If you have the WS-X4748-SFP-E line card, you're going to need to use newer supervisor because there's no switch IOS image for the supervisor IV that supports it.

Thank you so much Jody, I do

Thank you so much Jody, I do not have access through my account to download images through the site. The supervisor had a FE-SFP in it.. What Model would i need to run a WS-X4748-SFP-E?

If you set up a free account

If you set up a free account at CCO, I believe that is enough for access to download the base software images without a contract. For the WS-X4748-SFP-E you need a 4500E chassis and a supervisor 7L-E, 7-E or 8-E; and switch IOS 15.2.1E.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content