cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HELP ABOUT MY 1700 Series CISCO ROUTER

Mark-Anthony
Level 1
Level 1

Please someone help me. What can I do to a router giving me output in such a language?

?'

gj?) ??<??s??f???>?

5 Replies 5

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

If you are conneting w/ console, are you using 9,600 baud, non-parity, 8 data bit and 1 stop bit ?

If you are using telnet, please try to change the terminal type, e.g.VT100, ANSI.

If it still not solve the problem, please advise the detail of your problem, e.g. how to access, what is used to access, when display this result from the router.

Hope this helps.

Hey Jackyoung! I am connecting through the console and running 9600 baud rate, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity and no flow control.

Everything doesn't look to be working out. I think it is not due to the settings of the hyperterminal.

Please confirm you are using the correct console cable and the terminal type.

Did you every get the boot up message correctly ? If not, I suspect there is failure at the console port. If yes, it may be configuration changed at the console port. You may try to telnet to the router and check.

Hope this helps.

For the benefit of others using this forum,

Mark had posted the same query on LAN switching and routing forum and the issue is resolved.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=LAN%2C%20Switching%20and%20Routing&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddbfaac

-VJ

Thanks. VJ for your notification. It is the problem of cross-post....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card