cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help in solving ISDN Backup issue..

rajesh_colt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with my isdn line , I wanted to run isdn as a backup line for my serial 0/1,

but my isdn is not firing when my serial interface goes down...when I give backup interface command

and back up delay command in serial interface, I am not able to fire my isdn line manually also. when

I remove that commands it is firing manually...no problem..,but i need to dial it as backup.

if any one knows pls help me, I was doing the test by manually shutting down the serail interface using shut down command.

below is the configuration in my serial interface and bri and my corresponding routes..

interface BRI0/0

ip address 192.168.100.17 255.255.255.252

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

encapsulation ppp

no ip mroute-cache

dialer string XXXXX

dialer load-threshold 1 either

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

!

!

interface Serial0/1

backup delay 5 5

backup interface BRI0/0

ip address 10.240.0.161 255.255.255.252

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

encapsulation ppp

no ip mroute-cache

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

ip route 172.26.9.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0/1

ip route 172.26.9.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.100.18 120

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

If you are defining backup interface command under the serial interface then you wont be able to manually dial out the isdn interface.

Also when doing a normal routine test by making the serial interface manually shutdown you wont be able to test the bri coz the BRI interface will also go down (because of the command configured under the primary interface)..

I would suggest to change the ip route pointing towards your Bri interface instead of pointing towards the next hop ip.

once you are done with that then remove the backup command under the serial interface and check..

regds

thanks prem ,

great for that info.....

let me check the things and will post you after checking, As it is a live link , i need to check in non office hours. thanks any way....hope nothing to change in my config except my route..

Great prem ,

it was really helpfull and working fine....great and thanks for your help....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card