Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Need help to setup VPN on pix 501

Hello,

I am very new on cisco routers and i need to set up this configuration :

On my company site we have a modem-router with VPN. Internal network is 192.168.0.0/24

At my home I have a cable router without VPN, I have a PIX501 and I want to use it to connect a backup server to my company thru VPN.

My home Network is 192.168.0.0/24

Can you tell me how I can setup my pix to do this ?

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES

Re: Need help to setup VPN on pix 501

Iwould use easy VPN as there is little to configure.

Easy VPN will also overcome the fact that you're on the same subnet at home as you are at work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you Ruppert.

How can i use easy VPN only on home side ? I don't think i can use It from m'y isp modem router.

At home, i can easyly change network settings and change subnet.

if its adsl at work you will need to replace the ISP router with something like a Cisco 800 series router with adsl.

You can still use the pix with the cable router. Just make sure IPSec is allowed outbound on the cable/dsl device and put the pix behind it. This example does network extension mode I would change it to client mode.

Http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800ab518.shtml

If you require to have only one device then u will need a 800 or something like the prev post mentioned.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content