cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with setting up Cisco 3550 to route to 1841 router

Aaron Polanco
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me with setting up a Cisco 3550 Layer 3 Switch to route to Cisco 1841 router.

13 Replies 13

Aaron Polanco
Level 1
Level 1

Also, I would like assitance with setting up layer 3 routing between Cisco 3550 switches.

I have two networks that I need to connect via Cisco 3550 layer 3 switches through their fastEthernet ports. the spoke networks are 10.3.0.0 255.255.0.0 and 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0. The hub network is 10.2.0.0 255.255.0.0.

What would the first step be?

I will not be using routing protocols.

I plan to:

configure ip routing on the Cisco 3550 switch.

configure a no switchport with an IP Address on the Fastethernet interface leading to the Cisco 1841 router.

Configure default route leading to the Cisco 1841 router.

How would I connect the other two switches from different networks to the Cisco 3550 layer 3 device connected to the Cisco 1841 router?

This what I want to do, or need to do. Setup my Cisco 3550 layer devices to route between locations.

Hi,

How would I connect the other two switches from different networks to  the Cisco 3550 layer 3 device connected to the Cisco 1841 router? 

connect each access switch with a trunk port going to the core L3 switch,,configure the VLANS on the core then configure a VLAN interface for each VLAN in your network that needs communication.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

hi,

what's your network topology looks like? could you share a brief diagram?

Simon Leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

What are your requirements for this?

Any preference for routing protols, switch config, ip addressing and so forth.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The.Sorrow
Level 1
Level 1

To the OP:

Is there any particular reason as to why yu dont want to use RIP/EIGRP/OSPF?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card