cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need simple solution

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

I have one 2800 series router which is connected to ISP providers. I dont have any FW inside my network.

Here is my requiremetns

user-- Router-- ISP1

ISP2

ISP1 Public pool is 1.1.1.1

ISP2 Public POOL is 2.2.2.2

Internal private pool is 192.168.1.0

1) ISP2 should be backup to primary.

2)I hope defaults can configured like this

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp2 100

How the NATing will be configured to use pirmary (ISP1) and secondary as a backup(ISP2)

3) Do we need to implement the policy map?

Regards

sateesh kumar.k

17 Replies 17

Sateesh,

It is a big thread but it is a very useful thread on how to accomplish your task. Mohammed and I spent quite a bit of time in a lab coming up with 2 different solutions that worked. You can also see the steps we did for troubleshooting which can also be useful when something doesn't work.

As an Engineer, I recommend that when something doesn't work, you engage in some kind of troubleshooting.

You will find that examples posted here and/or CCO will have something missing in the config but if you are good with troubleshooting, you can find out the problem rather quickly and learn at the same time. It will definitely make you a better engineer.

Now, with that said, can you post the output from typing:

show ip nat translation

show ip nat sta

show ip route

To determine what's not working?

__

Edison.

Sateesh:

I agree with Edison. Configuration commands may look good on paper, but sometimes they don't work, and when they don;t the best way to figure out what's wrong is to "lab it up," as they say. Replicate the topology and configurations in a non-production lab environment and analyze what is happening. Troubleshoot.

You said your friend created the set up I recommended, but you have not seen his set up. You are not involved in its creation or troubleshooting, and you can't vouch for the soundness of its implementation, so its going to be hard to help you - or for you to help yourself, for that matter.

I asked Edison if he saw anything wrong because, from his post and the thread he recommended, which he was thoroughly involved in, I thought he had seen something wrong with the config I suggested that was glaringly obvious. Apparently not.

Besides posting the output of those commands, you may want to post the configuration that your friend completed, to make sure it is set up according to the recommendation, and then we can move on from there.

HTH

Victor

Hi,

Thanks for all your support.

Regards

sateesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card