Views
Helpful
Replies

Need support for internet access for this design

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello guys...

I am having one design in which internet access is needed.

As per my design, i have 892 cisco router that is connect internet vendor ADSL throguh LAN port.

892 is connected to cisco 2960 switch and with that switch my users are conentced.

ADSL gateways is 192.168.1.1/24 aand my 892 router is in vlan 100 and ip for 892 ethernet 0/0 port is 172.16.100.2/24

then 892 goes to my cisco switch that having ip 172.16.100.1/24.

Now the issue is that how to connect with internet with this design.?

If you have any idea for fix it please help me...

ADSL is haivng natting that convert 192.168.1.1/24 to direct into internet. whati can do so that get internet access from end users with this design or if need any changes please share with me...

I have attached the Router 892 configuration that is still blanked and not connetced with ADSL.

please add and tell me what changes needed.

i have added the switch configuration also.

i have add the design file also.

thanks

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
2 Replies 2

HI Sharma,

i did not read all the configs but i would do two things:

a- moving the dhcp server on the Cisco Router

b- i would trunk the switch to the cisco router

c- i would install NAT on Cisco router

d- i would install on the cisco routers filters from outside world in and form the inside ou (i.e. RFC 1918 denied)

How your provider is setting the IP? dynamically or is it a public static ip?

Last question about the PSTN router.

How did you configure that back to the switch? Simple trunk/vlan?

HTH

Alessio

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

If your dsl gateway device is a 192.168 address it means that device is doing NAT and It probably will not route for the 172.16.0.0/12 ip space.

You have a few options:

- do NAT on your router and translate all your internal IPs to the 192.168 range.

- run the switch straight to the modem and use the 192.168 range for your hosts.

- if you have admin access to the modem, add a static route for the 172.16 space toward your router.

- if you have admin access to the modem, put it in bridged mode so the outside address falls through to your router.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card