cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to add 95 Kbits/sec of gold car for each concurrent call to the 4 Mbit/sec link

manmohan.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to reserve b/w for my IP Phones . please let me know the configuration for b/w revervation on router. my current config is as :

class-map match-any VOICE-RTP

match access-group 100

class-map match-any VOICE-Control

match access-group 101

!

policy-map QoS-Policy

class VOICE-RTP

class VOICE-Control

class class-default

fair-queue

!

access-list 100 permit ip any any precedence critical

access-list 100 permit ip any any dscp ef

access-list 101 permit tcp any any range 2000 2002

access-list 101 permit tcp any any range 11000 11999

i have created a seprate VLAN for IPT.

with Thanks & Regards,

Manmohan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

Your almost there. In your class maps, add the bandwidth command. It would look something like this. Of course, you need to do the math on how much bandwidth you want reserved for each class.

match access-group 100

bandwidth 1000   <<-------- This is saying that the pipe the traffic is going through is a 1M (1,000K) pipe

So, based on your post, if you wanted to make sure each phone got 95k which to me means you are using G711 (64k plus some overhead) and accounted for both streams (two way conversation remember), you would need a total of 190k per phone. So, 1000k divided by 190 = 5 phones with a little bit of room. Remember, the bandwidth command doesn't choke down the traffic across the pipe. It just makes sure that at least 1000k of bandwidth (if available from the service provider) is alloted to the class-map you assign it to. It is very easy to create complex class-maps that oversubscribe the WAN pipe and you end up with little to no QOS over voice traffic. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

Your almost there. In your class maps, add the bandwidth command. It would look something like this. Of course, you need to do the math on how much bandwidth you want reserved for each class.

match access-group 100

bandwidth 1000   <<-------- This is saying that the pipe the traffic is going through is a 1M (1,000K) pipe

So, based on your post, if you wanted to make sure each phone got 95k which to me means you are using G711 (64k plus some overhead) and accounted for both streams (two way conversation remember), you would need a total of 190k per phone. So, 1000k divided by 190 = 5 phones with a little bit of room. Remember, the bandwidth command doesn't choke down the traffic across the pipe. It just makes sure that at least 1000k of bandwidth (if available from the service provider) is alloted to the class-map you assign it to. It is very easy to create complex class-maps that oversubscribe the WAN pipe and you end up with little to no QOS over voice traffic. Hope this helps.

Thanks Rebert
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card