Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NEED URGENT HELP ON MY CAT-2950

This machine is giving me hard time. It does not load an image at boot up. All it can manage to do is take me into ROMMON. I have tried to download a new image from a tftp server but everything is not working out. I have tried to set environment variables like IP_ADDRESS and all the others but it is not doing me any good. Please help.....!!!

2 REPLIES

Re: NEED URGENT HELP ON MY CAT-2950

Hi,

tftp will not work in rommon.please check the config register and verify if IOS is not missing on flash by dir flash: command.if there's an IOS on the flash. you can issue: boot flash:(IOS).The switch should bootup if the IOS is not corrupted.if IOS is corrupted you download it using xmodem .refer to this link for more troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

hope it helps..

Re: NEED URGENT HELP ON MY CAT-2950

Thank you zakymar77. Your message saved me a lot of pain. Every assistance you gave me was quite helpful and my switch now has loaded an IOS and is fully functioning.

Lots of thanks to you again.

Regards:

Mark-Anthony

Views
Helpful
Replies