Views
Helpful
Replies

Need urgent Help

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Guys,

I am providing layer 2 connectivity to a customers. (pure layer 2 VLANS).

On one of my switches, I noticed the following message from the LOGS:

1- Oct 29 11:57:59: %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer

vlan id 1 on GigabitEthernet0/1 VLAN110.

Oct 29 11:57:59: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking GigabitEthernet0/1 on VL

AN0110. Inconsistent local vlan.

2- Oct 29 11:58:00: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet

0/1, changed state to up

Oct 29 12:01:13: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking GigabitEthernet0/1

on VLAN0110. Port consistency restored.

this has resulted to block one of my Gi interfaces and caused other links disturbance. Please provide me with the meaning of this message as well as the recommended Solution.

Appreciate your feedback.

1 Reply 1

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

This occurs when the native VLAN is not consistently configured on both ends of an IEEE 802.1Q trunk. Please, verify that the configurations of the native VLAN ID is consistent on the interfaces on each end of the IEEE 802.1Q trunk connection. When the configurations are consistent, spanning tree automatically unblocks the interfaces. (Message %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT)

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card