Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow Apps

anthony.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I've been looking at available netflow applications to use in conjunction with our edge internet routers mainly. What does everyone use? I'm trialling a couple that you have to pay for - do you think they're worth the money or could I make do with a free version?

I'm going to mainly use it to keep an eye on bandwidth, what's going on, which of our services use most etc. but eventually will also look at doing some billing based on bandwidth for external customers so need to keep that in mind.

Any advice or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We currently use NFA and like it, but their Technical Support is horrible. They rarely respond to trouble tickets or take months between responses. Solarwinds makes great products, we use Orion and Cirrus. I just took a look at their latest Netflow product and it's getting to be a solid product. I have heard good things about Scrutinizer, but I have never used it. I recently eval'ed Flukes Netflow product [http://www.flukenetworks.com/fnet/en-us/promotions/it/NetFlow+Tracker+7+Day+Trial+Software+-+GoogleNetFlow.htm] and I really liked it. Fluke bought Crannog BTW, so it's that product.

HTH

Thanks - I'll give a couple of those a try. One of the ones I've trialled was Scrutinizer but although it's quite good it's also pretty expensive. We use Solarwinds here and I like that but I'm guessing that's pretty expensive too - guess as usual it's 'get what you pay for time!'

Thanks for the ideas

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card