Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NetFlow traffic not received

Hello everyone,

I've   got a problem. Recently bring up a new Router connected to  ISP A and the Netflow collector/server is located in different location and they are connected to ISP B. I have enabled snmp and netflow config on my router(2911) but not receiving the netflow packets are not reaching the server for due to some strange reason whereas other packets like ICMP for snmp are reaching the netflow collector.

Finally,I created GRE tunnel between the two locations routers and set the route  for the netflow collector/server to the tunnel other end IP. In this way the netflow traffic are reaching successully to the server.

If anyone have any idea why the netflow traffic is not reaching without the tunnel as it should be like the other devices, let me know.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

NetFlow traffic not received

You have not given us much detail to work with and that makes it difficult to give really good answers. Based on your description of a router with ISP A and the collector with ISP B and that it works through the tunnel, then my first guess is that there was a problem with address translation for the NetFlow traffic from the router to the collector. Can you provide the details of how the router was configured, especially the interfaces and the translation?

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content